Monday, June 23, 2008

Back to the Primitive

Last Friday was one of the worse nights one could ever imagine to go through. Let me put it to you this way, Friday's normally what people would categorize gateway to relaxation. In a way it's quite true. You worked hard over the weekdays, and when weekend finally hits, you start to have plans over the weekend to either have a fruitful event or even laze and rest home till Monday strikes again.

Usually my choice would be to laze and rest at home. Not going out at all and so on... But then again, there's an old saying, you usually don't get what you want. For my case, it's usually true. Every turn of weekend strikes, my gf and I would plan to stay home and rest but for the past few weeks, it didn't not happen for is, eventually there'll be some smarty pants who would want a piece of us. Apparently we're too happening for people to resist not asking us out :p I'm joking...

OK back to the topic. On Friday evening, I was out to have dinner celebrating a farewell to a close friend who is flying off to somewhere to work. After dinner, I went to pick up my gf from her place back to mine. Don't ask me where is it, the drive takes me 45 mins to reach. =.="

So after a hectic day at work, a tiring drive from one end of the city to another, I would expect nothing less than a comfortable bed in which I'm familiar with and a cool breeze of the air condition in my room. But guess what? When I'm about to reach home, all I could see is total darkness. Pitch black road all the way back to my place. I was like, "oh shit! blackout"

Apparently my area was in total darkness since 4pm and when I reached home, it's already 12am. For our household, if there's no electricity, there'll be no...

1) Lights, Duh~
2) Air-Condition, Double Duh~
3) No water... ok this is cause our water supply ties to a water pump, so if no power means pump does not work = no water T.T
4) No computer... I left my notebook in office, so...

All in all, it's really back to the primitive. It's been raining almost everyday but for last Friday, THERE'S NO FUCKING RAIN! What luck huh? So anyways, thank god we have a backup bathroom which runs water directly from the water tank up above the roof. But.... my pee has higher water pressure compared to that shower =.="

After a nice cool water shower, I thought to myself maybe I could get some sleep after having a shower. Usually that's the case you see... Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep well... here's some stuff that I tried...

1) Sleep without my comforter ....... FAILED
2) Opened the window to sleep directly on how the wind outside blows in ..... FAILED
3) Sleep on the floor ..... FAILED
4) Use an old magazine to fan myself while trying to sleep ... FAILED
5) Proposed the idea of checking in to a nearby cheap hotel to sleep ..... PROPOSAL REJECTED
6) Proposed to sleep in the car. At least until the electricity comes back ..... PROPOSAL REJECTED

Overall, I just stick myself from rolling around the room, starring outside the window looking at the power guys fixing the problem, and fanning myself with some old magazine.

3 hours later...

3am: I told myself, that's it! I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE THIS ANYMORE! I got up, took my keys and about to leave my room and shoot straight to my car to get some air-condition feel... then...

POOF! The Power's back up!!!! I was like jumping around my room with joy as I feel the air that's blown from the fan to my face. The sensation was so familiar and welcoming that you feel immediately at ease. I switched on my air-condition and within minutes, I'm in dreamland!!

Moral of the story: We're so pampered with electricity at this age till we'll eventually die from suffering if we don't have any. How are we gonna survive if our lifestyle is forced to change due to Global warming?? This is something I really wonder...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use candles and wear tanktops, wah so romantic :P

Calv said...

hahahaha why tank tops? i'm not gay