Monday, January 22, 2007

Night of the Stars?

Last weekend, Prudential had its company outing at Malacca, a bloody old historical town! Though it may sound old but I tell you, the town is a BOMB! Food is great there for one. Plus all the histories behind every corner, every building, every monument, every tree...errr.. a little way out. OK back to topic.

Let's see, Our trip is separated in to mode of transports. 1 is the coach and 2nd is your own car. Obviously I chose to drive there since it's nearby and i get the comfort of my own car. The moment we reached there, we gathered at the poolside to have lunch.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tapir and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Khai Yuen and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Group pic

After eating we went to the pool side to take some pics and hanging out waiting for the Treasure Hunt to start.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And a group picture.

So anyways, we got to the treasure hunt later. and when we started moving out, it started to RAIN! heavy ones! and we had no choice but to go for it as well. We were only given a plastic raincoat. which made us looked really sucky.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The girl on the most left is d Birthday Girl today. She was not spared as well! haha

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yup. I'm trying to act cute....again

Well I had all my clothes wet, plus my shoes are soaking wet! I have even squishy sounds coming out of me every step I take. And of course it was not a comfortable hunt.

So after the hunt, we went back to our hotel room to rest up a little and get ourselves ready for the Annual Dinner event which themed: Night of the Stars. Sounds nice? wait till you see the pictures below.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Piggy and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sharon and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wilda and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chiu Yen and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ladies group pic.

I tell you, I've never had taken so many pictures before in my entire life! I somehow felt i'm a whore (camera) that day. LOL! Everyone was like wanting me in pictures. I'm not the kind of person who likes to take pictures. Friends who knew me since young knows that. But that night was a little exception. haha

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mun Fong and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jin Jin and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jing Jing and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lindzia (Pru Queen Award winner) and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Intan and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fanny and I

See what I mean. Too many Pictures taken. My eyes cant adjust properly!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Backdrop of the stage

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our emcee for the night, Mr. Ken. Funny fella

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Khai Yuen being a gentleman serving us FOOOOOD

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our very own cheerleading squad

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yet another group picture

The Dishes: (Warning! Incomplete)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The first dish I totally forgotten to snap the pic. Well this is what's left of it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sharkfin Soup...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Roast Chicken! damn that was delicious

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Butter prawn...yummm...

No more pics. the rest I totally forgotten to take the pics. lol, will complete the set once I get it off from some other colleagues.

So basically that was the night of the stars. Everyone dressed up so nicely that night. Simply couldn't guess who is dressing as which celebrity; but guess what they labeled me? a Vampire! hahaha. It's an European Classic style of dressing!

So we retired for the night soon after. Woke up early next morning for breakfast, I totally skipped breakfast as I couldn't wake up! was too dead tired then. So later we checked out from the hotel then started walking around for food! and of course sight seeing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
View of a building (I dunno the name) from my 14th Floor hotel room

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
View of Malacca Town

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Famous Kota A' Famosa of Malacca

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Red Clock Tower

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Busy Sunday Street of Jonker street

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nice Building eh?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They still have this ancient looking door all along the street! These doors are like ANCIENT!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dunno what temple, but it is a temple. ;)

So we went to had The famous Chicken rice (ball rice)



This is some delicious stuff I tell you. If you're ever in Malacca and never have this, it simply means that you've not been to Malacca. Then we had Laksa and Cendol:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Malacca famous Laksa

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cendol

Food was good and the place is really cool! Though it rained and humid sun and rain and humid sun a few times a day, overall the trip was a blast. Though tired, but still I enjoyed it. Not much on the cam whoring part ok? lol...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... looks like u had a great time in the land of baba nyonyas! :)

Calv said...

yup a little...and with all the baaa baa black sheeeeeeps...

Anonymous said...

calvin u look handsome in formal wear ;) Looks like you didn't miss a single inch of Malacca there!

Calv said...

haha thanks for the compliment.
malacca is fine i guess but it's never better to be on your own bed.